“It was the perfect storm”, Dave told us. A gas tank had broke and dumped out all the fuel just as one of the guys in the shop started to cut a metal tube. With the sparks of the cutting and the exposure of the gas leak, even in the well ventilated shop, one spark caught the vapors and the shop quickly went up in a blaze.
Thankfully, all staff and people were able to get out safely. There were no injuries from the fire.
David Lord has been a long time inspiration to the local hot rod community. Growing up in this industry, David has been a part of the leading force setting trends and new innovations in the hot rod scene. Lords Mufflers has been in business for over 36 years. Their immediate attention is on their staff and customers directly affected by the fire. David asks, “It is with heavy heart that we let you know Lords Muffler caught fire this afternoon. Business will be suspended until further notice. Please give us a chance to take care of our employees and customers. 36 years in business and we are very sorry and sad for this loss. We will keep this page up and you may check back here for updates. Please give us this time to gather our thoughts.
David and Aimee Lord”